Sunday 18 January 2009

No photos please


Yesterday we went to the Wise Kid's playroom in Cyberport for the first time.  Facilities wise, it is not bad, clean and spacious but it definitely won't interest kids much who are over the age of 5.  My daughter loved it and really didn't want to leave.  

One thing I don't understand about these places is why they prohibit parents from taking photos of their kids there.  We were there with A & O's cousin (who is only a couple of weeks younger than O), whom we met for the very first time because they had just stepped off the plane from Canada the day before.  So it was a special day for us all.  Naturally, we wanted to have a record of the occasion.  But no, we were not allowed.  

It is a paid playroom and they limit 2 adults to accompany each child (usually parents or helper).  It was not that packed either.  I as a parent, would not object to other parents taking pictures of their kids and if my kids happened to run into the frame, then so be it, no big deal.  It is also a playroom, not a swimming pool, everyone is fully clothed.  There are no non-child accompanied adults, so what is the problem??

I understand rules are rules, and if I want to go there I must play by their ways.  But then I was told that, they do allow photo taking there, but only if I have booked a "birthday party package".  What's the difference??  About $4,800 apparently.  

(I did manage to take a few sneakily before I was asked not to).  

No comments: